The Every Day Adventure of Natural Foods

Join me as we flutter our way around a beautiful world of delicious natural foods, local foods and traditional, home cooked recipes.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Puppy Bento

This is one of my girlies' favorite bento lunches. I create the puppy's face from whole wheat bread and peanut butter, using dried fruit for the eyes, nose and tongue. I used a dried plum for the one in this picture, but a dried cherry works really nicely too. The puppy is resting on a bed of kibble, which I usually make from pretzels, nuts, granola and other small crunchy things. The bones are cut out of apple slices and placed with some cherry tomatoes on some sweet, crunchy carrot slaw. I mix a shredded carrot with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of salt.

If you're in the Columbus, Ohio area and would like to learn how to create this bento, come to Sprout Soup at 4310 North High St. tomorrow (November 17th) at 11am for my "Build-a-Bento" workshop. It's only $10 and you will get hands-on experience making your own peanut butter puppy, which you can take home or eat for lunch along with some kibble and carrot slaw.

Visit Sprout Soup's website for more information: www.sproutsoup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment