The Every Day Adventure of Natural Foods

Join me as we flutter our way around a beautiful world of delicious natural foods, local foods and traditional, home cooked recipes.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Roasted Beets & Carrots Over Sage Polenta with Goat Cheese

This is one of my all-time favorite veggie meals. I crave beets, especially roasted and paired with goat cheese. So, whenever I'm able to grow some or get a pretty bunch from the farmer's market - this is what I like to do with them.




Ingredients:
3-5 small/medium beets, sliced or diced
3 large carrots, chopped
splash of evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
honey or maple syrup to taste
1 cup dry polenta
2-3 cups water, soy milk or cow milk
1/8 cup fresh sage cut into bits
salt to taste
goat cheese, crumbled

First toss the beets and carrots with evoo, honey or maple syrup and salt. Roast uncovered in your oven at 400 until juices are thick and parts of veggies have begun to brown and crisp. Take pan out and stir around every 15 minutes or so.

Boil the polenta and liquid on the stove top to desired thickness and creaminess. Add sage and salt as you remove it from heat.

Serve vegetables over the polenta with goat cheese on top and a sprig of fresh sage as garnish!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I haven't yet made polenta this fall. Maybe tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love polenta. It's so versatile! I'll take the leftover sage polenta from this dish, mix in an egg or two, roll it in bread crumbs and fry it to make polenta cakes. Which I think are especially good topped with lentil stew and fresh tomato slices. Mmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete